Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 December 2009

Cricket

Hello everyone,

Another week nearly done and only a week of school left to Xmas. Looking forward to Mexico and relaxing on a Caribbean beach. However, before the holiday there is the small matter of El Salvador v Costa Rica. The international cricket fixture that everyone is talking about, well at least 50% of this household anyway. The squad for the two games was announced at the end of last week and I'm glad to say that I made that squad. Tonight was was the first of several training sessions before the first game and those in attendance got their team kit, ready for the big fixture. Pictures of which I have kindly included below.

In other news, Simmie is busy writing Xmas cards to send back to the UK. With luck you'll recieve them sometime around Easter.

Also visited an orphanage with the kids from my class today. We delivered presents and Xmas cards, sung some songs did some dancing and played football. Some pretty cute kids there and when they sung a thank you song at the end it tugged at the old heartstrings I can tell ya.


Pictures of the new season El Salvador Cricket kit.

I'm sure replica kits will be available soon in all good sports shops, and some rubbish ones too.


I think you'll agree, a pretty stylish bit of kit.


More on the sporting event of the decade in future posts.

2 comments:

  1. I´m glad you put three shots of the cricket kit on there Ben. Now I´ve got a pretty good idea how it looks ;)
    Whereabouts in Mexico please? Sorry I can´t make the navideño do. I can however do an ´ñ´ with just one button, which is great stuff, as you know. How´s the Spanish coming on and what are you reading? besitos latinoamericanos

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if i don't get enough cricket banter living with Mr Mcbride! ja ja. Glad you guys are still enjoying life in San Salvador. I am writing to you from snowy Manchester. It's -1 here and I am supposed to be flying out to Gran Canaria tomorrow with mum and Adam but this country is in a mess because of 2 inches of snow so god knows if we'll make it out...Adam is currently stranded in Paris and can't get back here and Manchester Airport keeps closing! So...i might not get to feel the sun on my face after all this xmas. Fingers crossed. Hope you both have a wonderful time in Mexico, have a fantastic xmas ensemble and lots of love, Tom sends his love too.xxx

    ReplyDelete